News

Court reserves order on bail pleas in ITPO redevelopment contract case

Posted on January 05, 2018 from Delhi, National ι Report #167892

New Delhi, Jan 5 (IANS) A court here on Friday reserved its order on the bail plea of two persons arrested in case related to alleged irregularities in Rs 2,149.93 crore ITPO redevelopment contract case.

Special judge Arvind Kumar said that he will deliver order on the bail applications of managing director of Capacite Structures Sanjay Kulkarni and Ghaziabad-based middleman Rishabh Agrawal on Monday.

The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) last month has registered a corruption and bribery case against NBCC CMD Anoop Kumar Mittal for ensuring that a portion of a Rs 2,149.93 crore contract awarded to Mumbai-based Shapoorji Pallonji and Co (P) Ltd for redeveloping the ITPO Complex in the Pragati Maidan here be sub-contracted to another firm.

The FIR said that NBCC had awarded the Rs 2,149.93 crore contract to Shapoorji Pallonji for redeveloping of India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) complex into an integrated exhibition-cum-convention centre.

Mittal is accused of "strongly directing" his junior to ensure that a portion of the contract awarded to Shapoorji Pallonji by NBCC, a government enterprise under the Ministry of Urban Development, be given to another Mumbai-based firm, Capacite Structures Ltd.

Apart from Mittal, public servant Pradeep Kumar Mishra and mediator Aakash Deep Chouhan have also been booked under charges of bribery, criminal conspiracy under the the Indian Penal Code and Prevention of Corruption Act.

The FIR said that Kulkarni approached Mishra through mediator Agrawal to get the deal in his favour.

-IANS

akk/vd